“The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are open to their cry.”
(Psalm 34:15, New King James Version)
Thank God for the effective use of digital, mobile, and online follow-up of the tens of thousands who responded to the radio and television broadcasts across the globe during the recent Easter season. More than 136.1 million people heard the gospel via these broadcasts. For 2021, the ministry broadcasting efforts overall are 8 million viewers ahead of 2020 and we have aired in 97 countries.
1. Lift up special spring outreaches in six restricted countries by a key partner using the “JESUS” film and equipment we have provided. These efforts are in nations with high numbers of people infected with the coronavirus; some ministry workers have gotten sick and, in a few cases, even died. Pray for the health of these workers and for the effectiveness of these evangelistic campaigns which will run through June.
2. Several dozen of the Jesus Film Project® missionary staff are in significant need of additional financial support for both their ongoing ministries and special needs such as extra health expenses. Pray for God to open doors to fully provide for these staff members. To learn more or to help go to: https://give.cru.org/2592796
3. As the global pandemic continues, pray that doors would soon open in some regions to begin recording new languages of “JESUS,” “Magdalena,” “The Story of Jesus for Children,” and our other films used to proclaim the good news to unreached peoples. Nearly 100 scripts are complete and ready for recording; pray that several teams of recordists can be traveling internationally by July.
4. Lift up new language script-creation workshops in Ethiopia and in Cameroon. Pray for the completion of these scripts during the month of May. Pray also for the planning of a stateside language creation workshop for the ”Zo” dialect spoken by 25,000 people outside its country of origin, which is Myanmar. (There are 93,000 speakers worldwide.) The “Zo” people can be found in 27 U.S. cities.
5. Pray for “One Miracle Night,” a day of special prayer planned for May 8 (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time). Two hundred ministries will gather in unified prayer on our ministry’s YouTube channel. These ministries will be praying for the Spirit of God to move mightily in the hearts of people during Ramadan, and especially on the “Night of Power.” Pray for thousands to again join in this global effort. Please note the date so you can join us! To learn more, or to be a part of this special prayer event yourself, go to: https://www.jesusfilm.org/onemiraclenight.html
6. Pray for breakthroughs for the gospel to spread in the top 12 countries with the greatest need for churches and evangelism. Pray for wisdom, new ideas and new partnerships in these countries. This month’s featured country is Egypt. To learn more, go to: https://joshuaproject.net/countries/EG
1. For a good response to the May postal appeal seeking underwriting for digital products, including SD cards, tablets, Wi-Fi, NewLifeBoxesTM, media broadcasting, and digital evangelism and online sharing of our films. Pray that, as friends are encouraged by the stories, many will be prompted by the Lord to give and to help take the gospel to unreached people worldwide.
2. That field representatives who are beginning to plan in-person visits with ministry partners will encourage and cast new vision for how God is at work in our world today.
3. That the Lord will give insights into ways to add new financial partners online and through other avenues. Pray for breakthroughs using email, video, and social media. Pray for more stories from the field that can help cast vision and stir hearts to invest in global evangelism and church planting.
4. For several hundred friends who responded to a recent survey around planned and estate-giving opportunities. Pray for the prompt and effective follow-up with those who expressed an interest, and that more friends will join and sign on to support the ministry today and tomorrow.
5. For friends of the ministry who are considering tax-wise giving opportunities during this extra month of the 2020 tax-preparation season and throughout 2021 (IRAs, stock, real estate, donor-advised funds, etc.). Pray that some of these friends will be led to give assets, both now and through their estates, to accelerate the global spread of the gospel.
6. For the completion of the production of a Southeast Asian television and indigenous languages fundraising video. Pray that it will be ready for mailing in late June.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer