“… I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die” (John 11:25, 26, NKJ Version).
Today, “JESUS” is in 1,747 unique dialects. To God be the praise!
During the first three months of 2019, our Master Studio has seen God enable them to finish 23 new translations of the classic “JESUS” film, four of our “’Magdalena” film for women and families, three of “The Story of Jesus for Children,” one of the animated film, “My Last Day,” two of “Following Jesus,” our discipleship film for India, and one “Walking with Jesus,” our discipleship film for Africa.
1. Pray for Easter 2019 outreaches using “JESUS” and our other film broadcasts.
2. Lift up social media efforts to use a new animated short film about the healing of the demoniac from the Gerasenes area (Luke 8:26-39). This new film is entitled, “Legion” and will be featured in Russia, Mexico, Colombia, Panama and the Caribbean. Upon release, the animated “Legion” film will be available on the Jesus Film Project® website and app in 30 different languages.
3. Lift up the continuing work of creating scripts for oral and written languages. Pray for workshops in India, Indonesia and across Africa. Pray also for the voice recording of those translations of “JESUS” into new heart languages to reach more people with the good news of Christ.
4. Pray for the global Jesus Film Project area representatives meeting March 31-April 9. These are the annual meetings where national leaders are trained and equipped with the latest strategies and tools for greater effectiveness. These men and women will in turn train and mobilize workers and partners who are on the frontlines of taking the good news to the unreached peoples in their countries.
5. JESUS Film Mission Trips® – April 2019
Central Asia (April 6–19)
Jesus Film Project® teams and local ministry leaders will reach out to university students and young professionals through a variety of activities, including hosting conversational English clubs, viewing short films using the Jesus Film Project app, and sharing testimonies. Building on those relationships, we will look for opportunities to share the gospel. After we leave, our local team will continue to build relationships with students who show an interest in spiritual issues.
Estonia, Eastern Europe (April 23 – May 7)
Jesus Film Project® teams will be reaching out to those who are shaping the future of their country—college students. Using our native English language, as well as short films, we will seek to form relationships and share the gospel. These students are part of a generation searching for meaning and purpose in life, and God is using that curiosity to open their hearts to Him. We will have a unique opportunity to engage people in spiritual conversations—many hearing the gospel for the first time ever!
In addition, please pray for the following:
1. Thank God for those who made faith commitments at the March briefing in San Antonio, Texas, and are seeking God’s guidance in fulfilling them. Pray too for those still considering the opportunity and that many of them would make commitments this month.
2. Pray for a good response to the April postal appeal seeking support for film-projection equipment and follow-up tools. Digital video and micro-projector sets, video tablets, and other video and audio tools are needed to present the gospel on film in dozens of countries. Pray that, as friends read the letter, they will be prompted to help send the good news of the risen Savior to those who have yet to hear of God’s love and forgiveness.
3. Pray for friends of the ministry considering tax-wise giving opportunities during the final month of the 2018 tax-preparation season and throughout 2019 (IRAs, stock, real estate, donor-advised funds, etc.). Pray that a number of these friends will be led to give assets, both now and through their estates, to help accelerate the global spread of the gospel. Pray too that we find the most effective ways to make friends of the ministry aware of these giving opportunities.
4. Pray that the Lord will continue to give insight into ways to add new financial partners online and through other avenues, including postal mail. Pray for more stories from the field that can help cast vision and stir hearts to invest in global film evangelism and church planting.
5. Pray for the planning of our next web gift-planning seminar in partnership with Wycliffe Bible Translators. It will share tax-wise charitable giving opportunities available in 2019. Pray for the preparations for a July videotaping and for the late summer broadcasts.
6. Pray for the planning and production of video-reporting projects for 2019. Ask God for wisdom, clarity and open doors for projects in Asia, Africa, South America and worldwide.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer