“… I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die” (John 11:25, 26, New King James Version).
Praise the Lord for the opportunities to broadcast "JESUS" and our other films on radio and television over the Easter season. From African nations like Ghana, where 19 stations broadcast films on TV, to Asia, where radio broadcasts in Japan and at least six other key countries are having a spiritual impact, the good news of the resurrection is being proclaimed! Pray for the follow-up of those who respond to the broadcasts.
Thank God for the completion and Easter release of the latest animated short film "Chosen Witness," created specially to help reach women. It was initially released in 30 languages, including five spoken in India. Pray for the effective use of this film through both online efforts such as social media, and off-line through personal evangelism using tablets and smartphones.
The Easter season may be the best time of year to share worldwide the “JESUS” film and related content for evangelism and follow-up.
Please pray for the following this month:
1. Pray for television and radio broadcasts. Through satellite and secular stations, television broadcasts will span the globe. Radio will focus on nine of the least-reached nations, including Pakistan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Bangladesh, India, Japan and Thailand. It is projected that at least 40 million people will see or hear the good news of Christ, the One who died so they can be set free.
2. Pray for evangelistic outreach online through social media, including YouTube, Instagram, WhatsApp and WeChat. As people begin online conversations around film content with Christ followers, pray that spiritual and heart-level discussions will lead to life transformations.
3. Please pray for the follow-up essential for the spiritual growth of those who come to Jesus through the broadcasts and internet campaigns. Pray for good connections with local believers, who in turn can point these new Christ-followers to safe venues for discipleship.
As the global pandemic begins to wane in various parts of the world, pray for doors to open so the recording can continue of additional languages of “JESUS,” “Magdalena,” “The Story of Jesus for Children” and other films needed in dialects for unreached people. Pray for the lifting of travel restrictions as opportunities open in places like South Asia to record languages like Awadh. The ministry has nearly 100 scripts ready for recording once teams can be cleared to schedule trips. Please pray that six teams can be traveling by July.
1. Lift up the preparations for the One Miracle Night, a day of prayer planned for May 8 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time. Dozens of ministries will be praying and sharing online for the Spirit of God to move mightily in the hearts of people during Ramadan, and especially on the “Night of Power.” Pray for thousands to again join in this global effort. Please note the date so you can join us! To learn more, or to be a part of this special prayer event yourself, go to: https://www.jesusfilm.org/onemiraclenight.html
2. Pray for breakthroughs for the gospel to spread in the top 12 countries with the greatest need for churches and evangelism. Pray for wisdom, new ideas and new partnerships in these countries. This month’s featured country is India. To learn more, go to: https://joshuaproject.net/countries/IN
1. A good response to the April postal appeal inviting support of film and church-planting teams. Cru® and partner teams are presenting the gospel on film both in person and virtually. Pray that, as friends read the letter, they will be prompted to help send workers into the harvest fields with the good news of the risen Savior.
2. Friends of the ministry considering tax-wise giving opportunities during this final month of the 2020 tax-preparation season and throughout 2021 (IRAs, stock, real estate, donor-advised funds, etc.). Pray that some of these friends will be led to give assets, both now and through their estates, to help accelerate the global spread of the gospel. Pray too that we find the most effective ways to make ministry partners aware of these beneficial giving opportunities.
3. Field representatives who are beginning to plan in-person visits with ministry partners. Pray these visits would serve to encourage and cast new vision for how God is at work in our world today.
4. The Lord to give insights into ways to add new financial partners online and through other avenues. Pray for breakthroughs using email, video and social media. Pray for more stories from the field that can help cast vision and stir hearts to invest in global evangelism and church planting.
5. The planning, production and distribution of video reporting projects for 2021. Ask God for wisdom, clarity and open doors for new ways to create content as the global pandemic continues.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer