August 2018 Prayer Requests
August 2018 Prayer Requests
“’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future’” (Jeremiah 29:11, New International Version).
Doors have opened to serve and equip at least four new partner ministries—the biggest is with the Anglican Church in Africa, Asia and Brazil. They are ready to take “JESUS” and backpack projector equipment to plant hundreds of new churches in 17 countries. Given their passion to see people reached and followed up, we have now committed to provide 254 film projector equipment sets. This equipment will help take their evangelism efforts to a new level. Tens of thousands will be reached through Anglican church-planting film teams in the coming years.
Cru® President Steve Douglass demonstrates backpack.
Roy Peterson, president of American Bible Society, will have surgery on August 7. Pray for a successful outcome. Please also pray for Roy and his wife Rita as he recovers over the next 6-8 weeks.
Jesus Film Mission Trips® – August 2018
Vanuatu (August 3-17)
Teams will engage with university students on a branch of one of the largest universities in the South Pacific. Using the JESUS film as well as our short films to transition into spiritual conversations, teams will share the gospel with those who need to know how to have a personal relationship with Jesus. Pray hearts will be open and responsive.
London, England – London Bridges Trips (August 4-16)
Teams will be involved in an effective, low-key way to help affluent and influential vacationers from the Middle East hear about Christ's love. London is the main tourist destination for many visitors from the Middle East as they escape their blazing summer heat. Teams will distribute the JESUS film and New Testaments throughout the city. Pray for Arab hearts and souls to respond to the message of love and forgiveness that Christ (Isa) offers.
Short-term mission trips provide a chance for people to do hands-on ministry by coming alongside national staff and partners to accelerate the work in open and restricted-access nations. To learn about going on one these Jesus Film Mission Trips® yourself, click here: www.jfmt.org
Jesus Film® Partnerships – August 2018
Each week this month, please pray for the following partner organizations who are using Jesus Film resources:
Teamwork Africa – Provides committed supporters in Liberia and Uganda with what they need to influence people to live like Christ.
Gospelink – Church planting in Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda and Democratic Republic of Congo.
DOOR International – Ministers to the deaf world in unreached people groups around the world.
New Generations – Their passion is to mobilize disciples that make disciples, thus planting churches.
Zion World Mission – Church planting in West Africa.
Global Recordings Network - Provides Christian evangelistic and discipleship audio-visual materials to the least-reached language groups of the world.
Cru STINT – Short-term international mission projects.
East West Ministries – Focuses on the spiritually darkest places in the world.
GACX – Global Alliance for Church Multiplication consists of 62 member organizations focused on church planting globally.
Zion World Prayer and Missions – Church planting in Africa.
Abundant Life Fellowship Church – Glorifies God through proclaiming the gospel to every person, making disciples, and living out the gospel.
ReachNow International – Committed to reaching the desperate and devastated worldwide with the love of Jesus.
Evangelical Free Church of America – Committed to Jesus Christ, to the gospel and to one another.
Open Door Haiti – Transforms communities in Haiti spiritually, educationally, economically, physically and socially to further the gospel of Jesus Christ.
In addition, please pray for the following:
1. A good response to the August postal appeal focusing on presenting church-planting film and partner teams and team transportation opportunities. Workers and motorbikes are vital to get the “gospel on film” to unreached people. A challenge grant of $150,000 is offered to help advance the work in West Africa; pray it will all be met. Pray that as friends read the letter, they will be touched by the stories and many will be prompted by the Holy Spirit to invest in these opportunities to help take the gospel to unreached people.
2. The final production of a video report about the Gawwada language premiere (Ethiopia) to be used as a tool to cast vision and encourage financial support for the scripting and recording of “JESUS” translations to reach smaller language groups. Pray for effective messaging of this opportunity to take the gospel to every people and continent. Also, pray it can be in the mail by August 28.
3. Plans for a September web seminar in partnership with Wycliffe Bible Translators to address opportunities available through the 2018 tax changes. Pray for the enlistment of friends from both ministries to attend.
4. The final graphic design phase of our “Power of Jesus” stories and prayer guide featuring 31 countries or areas of the world where God is working, and prayer is needed. Pray it will be an effective tool for use both online and in a printed format.
5. Friends of the ministry attending the September Southern California briefing. Pray that hearts will be prepared, and many will respond to the opportunity to support the work of global film evangelism and church planting. Pray God will speak and minister through the speakers. Pray for the staff planning and carrying out the event.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer