December 2018 Prayer Requests
December 2018 Prayer Requests
“And Suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: ‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men’” (Luke 2:13-14, New King James Version).
The Christmas season provides a key window of opportunity for film evangelism across the globe. Pray for the following upcoming December and Christmas outreaches:
1. Pray for Christmas 2018 opportunities to show “JESUS” and our other films on television. Please pray for holiday TV broadcasts in Liberia, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria and other Southeast and West African nations. Also, lift up the Christmas broadcasts of the film “JESUS” in Mongolia.
2. Commercial stations, Trans World Radio and a number of other ministry partners in more than 196 countries will air holiday radio broadcasts of “JESUS” in 95 languages. Up to 30 million people will be reached through these broadcasts. Based upon past similar radio outreaches, at least 2 million people will make a decision for Christ this month; pray for effective follow-up of the new believers.
3. The holiday season is also a peak time for digital and subscription broadcast streaming of “JESUS,” “Magdalena: Released From Shame,” and “The Story of Jesus for Children.” This includes online video distribution through iTunes, Google Play, Microsoft Video/Xbox/Sony and Amazon Video. Pray for hearts to be open as they hear the gospel on film.
4. DVD, SD card and thumb-drive product distribution will take place throughout December in Greece, Egypt, Canada, Japan and the United States, just to name a few places. Pray for the final duplication of these products and for the timely delivery to distribution centers. Pray, too, for the people and families who will receive the gospel on film—that their hearts will be open, and they will respond to the prompting by the Holy Spirit.
5. Pray for missions leaders attending the Finishing the Task conference December 4 - 6. Ask God to give these men and women wisdom in how to most effectively ensure that the gospel can be taken to every people group, in every nation.
6. Pray for six completed East Asia Mission 865 languages in 2018. Pray for production and implementation of a plan to complete 77 East Asia Mission 865 languages by 2025.
Jesus Film Mission Trips® – December 6 - 16, 2018
Japan remains one of the least evangelized countries in the world, despite its openness to spiritual things.
The Japanese are fascinated with Western holidays like Christmas. This Christmas season, join us to help meet the deep spiritual need of the Japanese. The teams will share short video clips on smart phones or tablets with university students to open spiritual conversations.
In addition, please pray for the following:
1. Friends who are receiving our holiday gift catalog and letter inviting support for teams, film equipment and church planting worldwide. Pray that many of those who read the letter will be touched and prompted by God’s Spirit to give to help take the good news to unreached people in 2019.
2. Jesus Film ProjectÒ Christmas season telephone calling projects. Pray that 6,000 friends can be contacted. Pray that many will respond to this special year-end effort to help underwrite film teams and digital tools for evangelism and church planting across the globe.
3. Friends of the ministry who will receive the December film team appeal, the key donor year-end Highlights report and year-end emailing giving opportunities. Each of these efforts offer either matching gift or challenge-grant-fund giving projects. Pray that all the gifts needed for the matches and grants will be covered to help advance the gospel in 2019.
4. Efforts to acquire new financial partners for the ministry during the holiday season, through both postal mail and online giving. Ask God for 3,000 new friends to join in helping to reach people in our lost and needy world. Pray for new friends to join in supporting the church-planting work in India and Africa.
5. Partners who have made faith commitments at ministry briefings and are seeking to fulfill commitments before year end.
6. Opportunities for friends of the ministry to leverage IRA, appreciated stock, and other tax-smart, non-cash gifts to help spread the gospel. Also pray for friends with donor advised funds to consider year-end giving opportunities to help accelerate the work of the Great Commission.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer