“Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert” (Isaiah 43:19, English Standard Version).
In 2019, through television and radio, the ministry shared the gospel with more than 120 million men, women and children. Versions of “JESUS” were viewed on television in 58 nations and heard on 373 radio stations around the globe. Thank you for praying, especially during the Christmas holiday season. Please pray for the planning of upcoming Easter broadcasts and those throughout 2020.
1. The work of script creation for new languages of “JESUS” continues to progress well; thank you for praying. Pray for the staffing needs in the film dubbing [recording] of new languages. Three new recordists are raising their financial and prayer support to join the travel team and another six to ten are still needed. A second key staffing need is that of Language Production Managers (LPMs) to coordinate the recording projects in various parts of the world. Several new LPMs joined the team in 2019, for which we thank God. Pray He will raise up two more LPMs in 2020.
If you know of anyone who might be interested in either the Language Production Manager or Recordist positions, they can learn more by clicking on this link: https://www.jesusfilm.org/how-to-help/serve-with-us/supported.html For questions about these or any other job opportunities, contact Chelsea Bickerstaff. Pray for more laborers in the global spiritual harvest.
2. A new tool for digital and smartphone evangelism is being introduced across the Cru® ministries this month. Training to use these mobile devices is taking place in large and small gatherings from Africa to South Asia, and from the Middle East to Southeast Asia. Hundreds of national evangelists and church planters are being equipped and mobilized to reach more people, even in restricted nations, thanks to the power of today’s wireless technology. Pray for these training events and for the ministries who now have another arrow in their quivers of state-of-the-art tools for effective film evangelism.
3. Pray for the church in China and especially in Wuhan as they respond to the Coronavirus outbreak. One local pastor has asked for prayer for the people and for peace, hope, faith and a heart of compassion as their city (at the center of this epidemic) deals with its consequences. Another country leader shared the following requests*:
(1) According to the official estimates, infection rates will greatly increase next week, and enter a period of the outbreak; ask for the Lord’s mercy.
(2) In a Wuhan church, 17 people are infected, including the pastor; please pray for them.
(3) China’s Coronavirus epidemic has been declared a public health emergency of international concern. This decision will have a strong impact on China.
(4) There are still serious shortages. Needed supplies like masks and alcohol are sold out all over the country. Please pray that God will open a way for assistance.
(5) Please pray that God’s people will turn to Him during this epidemic.
*As of 1/31/2020
This situation is a real challenge for the church in Wuhan, as well as churches across China. Please stand with them through prayer. Thank you!
Jesus Film Mission Trips® – February 2020
As short-term teams travel to various countries, please pray for wisdom in locating and connecting with like-minded ministries. The goal is to form partnerships with ministries already in-country who can help “JESUS” film teams plant churches and grow local student and community outreach programs.
Cameroon, Francophone Africa (February 2 - 16)
Pray for the mission team as they venture to Cameroon, a beautiful country recognized for its cultural, linguistic, and environmental diversity. The team will encourage and train local believers and conduct a large outdoor showing of the “JESUS” film in the local language. Pray for the team as they navigate the rugged terrain and travel to tribal villages and share the hope and joy found in Christ.
Thailand, Southeast Asia (February 22 – March 6)
Thailand’s nickname, “The Land of Smiles,” perfectly describes the gracious and kind people who live here. Sadly, thousands of Thai people have yet to hear of Jesus. Eighty-four percent of Thailand’s people embrace Buddhism, 8.5 percent practice Islam, and only 1.3 percent follow Christ. Known for their hospitality and friendliness, Thailand’s people are polite and curious in spiritual conversation. Pray that the team will be effective in sharing the gospel, and training and empowering local believers to share their faith.
Short-term mission trips provide a chance for people to do hands-on ministry by coming alongside national staff and partners to accelerate the work in open and restricted-access nations. To learn about going on one of these Jesus Film Mission Trips™ yourself, click here: www.jfmt.org
In addition, please pray for the following
1. A good response to the February appeal letters seeking funds for SD cards, DVDs, video tools, radio and television broadcasting, and streaming the gospel online. Pray that as friends read the letter, many will be prompted by the Holy Spirit to give and invest in helping take the gospel to more unreached people.
2. A fruitful response from our January efforts to add new monthly financial partners to underwrite the work of Cru® church-planting and partner film teams. Pray that the Holy Spirit will touch hearts and 200 friends will become regular investors in helping to reach men, women and children for Christ around the globe.
3. Friends, new and old, who will attend the winter briefing in Maui, Feb 18-21. Pray that God will prepare the hearts of those friends and move them to greater involvement. Pray His Spirit works powerfully throughout the weekend.
4. The Lord to continue to give insights into ways to enlist new financial partners online and through other avenues. Pray for breakthroughs using email, video and social media. Pray for more stories from the field that can help cast vision and stir hearts to invest in global film evangelism and church planting.
5. The planning for and production of video reporting projects for 2020. Ask God for wisdom, clarity and open doors for projects in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and worldwide.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer