“I will sing a new song to You, O God; Upon a harp of ten strings I will sing praises to You” (Psalm 144:9 New American Standard Bible).
Thank God for the last-minute open doors to show “JESUS” on television over the Christmas holidays in a key Near Eastern country. Pray for the follow-up of those who responded to the call to follow Christ. In 2019, more than 110 million people heard the good news through television and radio worldwide.
Praise the Lord with us for the funds that He provided throughout 2019 and especially at the end of the year! More people will now be reached because of the generosity of friends like you. More languages will be recorded; more teams will soon be equipped and sent out, and more new churches will be planted.
1. Lift up the work of adding more Indian translations of “JESUS” to YouTube in 2020. India is the number one country for people to watch our films on this global social media platform, and yet we currently have only a handful of languages accessible. Pray for the work to add Indian dialects to YouTube in 2020. Scores of completed Indian translations are available today; pray for our Digital Strategies team as they work to add dozens of additional Indian “JESUS” films to YouTube.
2. Lift up the work of partner ministries using the “JESUS” film and projection equipment to reach the lost in closed and restricted nations. God is using these partners in very exciting ways, even in the most difficult places—whole families and even whole villages are responding to Christ. Pray for this spiritual harvest and for the underground church to thrive. However, this work and harvest comes at a cost; one partner reported they have lost 60 people (martyrs) since July 2019 seeking to reach the unreached with the good news on film. Pray for the safety of the believers and the work of partners in closed nations.
3. Pray for more laborers for the harvest, both in North America and across the globe. Many doors are open, but more workers, church planters and partners are needed to step through the “open doors.” Thank God for the more than 1,800 partners who are already taking “JESUS” to the world. Ask Him to help us discover, equip and help mobilize scores, even hundreds, of new partners so the gospel can go to more places, more people, in areas and in ways that it has not gone before. One of our core goals (and mottos) is to be “going were the church is not!” In 2020, pray with us to that end.
Jesus Film Mission Trips® – January 2020
As teams travel to various countries, please pray for wisdom in locating and connecting with like-minded ministries. The goal is to form partnerships with ministries already in-country who can help “JESUS” film teams plant churches locally. Please pray for the Jesus Film Mission Trips staff members as they organize trips and recruit teams for 2020.
Short-term mission trips provide a chance for people to do hands-on ministry by coming alongside national staff and partners to accelerate the work in open and restricted-access nations. To learn about going on one of these Jesus Film Mission Trips™ yourself, click here: www.jfmt.org
In addition, please pray for the following
1. Fruitful results from January efforts to add new monthly financial partners to underwrite the work of Cru® church-planting and partner film teams. Pray the Holy Spirit will touch hearts and prompt 350 friends to become regular investors to help send more workers to reach men, women and children for Christ across the globe.
2. Pray for the development of effective ways to track our monthly partners and to grow their ongoing involvement through prayer, giving and influencing others.
3. Lift up friends who will attend the upcoming February 20-23 briefing. Pray the Holy Spirit will move in powerful ways throughout the weekend. Pray these friends will be ministered to through the speakers, including John Rinehart. Pray God will prompt the hearts of many guests to greater involvement.
4. Ask the Lord to continue to give insights into ways to add new financial partners online and through other avenues. Pray for breakthroughs using the internet, video and social media. Pray for more stories from the field that can help cast vision and stir hearts to invest in global evangelism and church planting.
5. Lift up the planning and production of video reporting projects for 2020. Ask God for wisdom, clarity and open doors for a key project in Southeast Asia.
6. Pray for the staffing transitions in our Gift and Estate Planning area. This is a growing program; please pray it continues to expand in 2020 with new staff members who are stepping into active roles at Jesus Film Project®.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer