July 2018 Prayer Requests
July 2018 Prayer Requests
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer” (Romans 12:12, New International Version).
Thank God for the successful June trip to Kona, Hawaii, where eight Youth With a Mission (YWAM) staff members were trained to dub JESUS into new languages for Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu and the Solomon Islands. Now equipped, they will go out and dub JESUS in at least 22 languages during the next six months for smaller, unreached people groups.
Praise God for the smooth transition of Josh Newell into the executive director’s role with Jesus Film Project®. Pray for Josh, his wife, Holly, and their four children who will be moving to Orlando, Florida, this month from Virginia. Ask God to give them an extra measure of strength, grace and peace during this major transition.
Jesus Film Mission Trips® – July 2018
Ukraine (July 2 - 16)
Teams will provide Jesus Film Project® app training and do evangelism alongside Ukrainian Christians desiring to share their faith with their countrymen. Pray for open hearts and that many would respond.
London, England – London Bridges Trips (July 7 - 19 and July 21-29)
Teams will be involved in an effective, low-key way to help influential people from the Middle East hear about Christ's love. London is the main tourist destination for many visitors from the Middle East as they escape the blazing heat of their summer. Teams will distribute the JESUS film and New Testaments throughout the city.
Southeast Asia (July 8 - 22)
Teams will be partnering with Cru® staff in two different major cities, each with a contrasting world religion. Their time in the region will include training sessions to equip locals to share their faith using the Jesus Film® app and working alongside nationals to engage people in spiritual conversations. As our team uses technology to share truth, it’s our desire to be part of laying a foundation for long-term ministry.
French-Speaking Africa (July 14 - 28)
Teams will partner with local pastors in Congo-Brazzaville to provide much-needed training, equipment, and co-laborers for reaching the lost. Teams will work on college campuses and at churches to train local believers on how to show short films, share their faith, and set up projection equipment for JESUS film showings in the cities.
Short-term mission trips provide a chance for people to do hands-on ministry by coming alongside national staff and partners to accelerate the work in open and restricted-access nations. To learn about going on one these Jesus Film Mission Trips® yourself, click here: www.jfmt.org
Jesus Film® Partnerships – July 2018
Each week this month, please pray for the following partner organizations:
MONDAY: Set Free Ministries – Where the hurting and the Healer connect. Healing Waters International – Clean water isn’t enough; ministering to the body and soul.
TUESDAY: Word for the World – Bible translation; delivering God’s Word in heart languages. Conel – Latin World Evangelical Alliance; mobilizing churches and believers to go to the lost.
WEDNESDAY: Good News Proclamation Services – World Christian Ministries affiliate. Converge Worldwide – 1,300 churches planted and growing.
THURSDAY: Reach Global – Vision to impact 100 million people with the gospel. Power to Change (Canada) – Helping people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
FRIDAY: The Joshua Project – Data and information resources for going to the unreached people of the world. South Asia Peoples Network – Focus on reaching India and Nepal.
SATURDAY: Vision India Ministry – Reaching the unreached areas in India. Compassion Ministries Pakistan – Orphanage ministry, as well as training Pakistani pastors.
SUNDAY: Ministerio Con Principes – Reaching Honduras. Rio Missions – Reaching Central America.
In addition, please pray for the following:
1. A strong response to the July postal appeal focusing on resourcing staff and partner film teams with digital tools (DVDs, SD cards, tablets, etc.). Pray that as friends read the letter, they will be touched by the stories and many will respond to the Holy Spirit’s prompting to invest in taking the gospel to unreached people.
2. The final editing of a video report about the Gawwada language premiere to be used as a tool to cast vision and encourage financial support for the scripting and recording of “JESUS” translations to reach smaller language groups. Pray for effective messaging of this opportunity to take the gospel to every people and continent.
3. Recent postal appeals sent to raise up new financial partners for the ministry. Pray for 1,750 new partners. Pray that as people give to provide digital tools for evangelism, the matching gift of $50,000 can be fully met. Pray, too, for God to lead us in attracting new supporters through online channels.
4. Missionary staff members who are raising personal financial support for summer outreaches, and their ongoing ministry and family needs. Some staff members have critical needs. Pray they will see God provide in exciting ways. To help a staff member, go to https://give.cru.org/2592796
5. The graphic design phase of our “Power of Jesus” stories and prayer guide featuring 31 countries or areas of the world where God is working and prayer is needed. Pray it will be an effective tool for use both online and in a printed format.
6. The enlistment of friends to attend the September Southern California briefing. Pray that hearts would be prepared, and many would respond to the opportunity to support the work of global film evangelism and church planting.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer