November 2018 Prayer Requests
November 2018 Prayer Requests
“… I will give thanks to the Lord because of His righteousness; I will sing the praises of the Name of the Lord Most High.” (Psalm 7:17, New International Version).
The Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday seasons provide unique opportunities for global film evangelism. Why? Because people in many parts of the world are often more open spiritually. The ministry and its partners leverage this “window of greater openness,” both to proclaim the good news and to enter into conversations that can lead to direct spiritual discussions.
November is the time when the final preparations for many of the Christmas holiday outreaches and campaigns take place; contracts are completed, digital products are produced (SD cards, DVDs, etc.), materials are printed and shipped, lay workers are trained, etc.
1. Trans World Radio and other ministry and commercial partners in more than 196 countries will air holiday radio broadcasts of “JESUS” in 95 languages. Up to 30 million people will be reached through these broadcasts.
2. The holiday season is an ideal time for television broadcasting of “JESUS,” “Magdalena: Released From Shame,” and “The Story of Jesus for Children.” Pray for preparations for TV broadcasts in English and Spanish. Plus, there will be online video streaming through iTunes, Google Play, Microsoft Video/Xbox/Sony and Amazon Video. Pray for hearts to be open as they hear the gospel.
3. DVD, SD card and thumb-drive product distribution will take place throughout December in France, Egypt, Japan and the United States, just to name a few places. Pray for the production and duplication of these products and for the timely delivery to distribution centers. Pray too for the people and families who will receive the gospel on film—that their hearts will be open and they will respond.
4. Pray for six completed East Asia Mission 865 languages in 2018.
Pray for production and implementation of a plan to complete 77 East Asia Mission 865 languages by 2025.
Jesus Film Mission Trips® – November 2018
Burkina Faso, West Africa (November 3 - 18)
While in-country, the team will be sharing how to have a personal relationship with Jesus (one-on-one evangelism), and travel to rural villages to help plant churches using the classic JESUS film. Pray hearts will be open and responsive.
North Africa and Middle East (November 6 - 20)
The primary goal on this trip is to reach out and build relationships with local college students by inviting students to “English clubs” where they can practice their conversational language skills with the team. Students who express interest in spiritual topics will receive follow-up, and the gospel will be shared.
Partnership Gatherings – Pray for partners who are collaborating with us to share Jesus with Everyone, Everywhere.
November 25 to 28 – International Orality Network (ION) in Johannesburg, South Africa.
December 4 to 6 – Finishing the Task in Lake Forest, CA.
Jesus Film Project® Partnerships – November 2018
Each week this month, please pray for the following partner organizations who are using Jesus Film Project® resources:
Clean Water4Life – Building water wells for clean drinking water to open doors to transform communities in the South Pacific.
CAMA (Compassion and Mercy Associates) – Joining hands to reach a hurting world.
Cross International – Worldwide relief and development organization serving the poorest of the poor.
Discipling for Development – A ministry of the Navigators.
Feeding Children Everywhere – Serving healthy meals for hungry children.
Food for the Hungry – Sponsoring hungry children around the world.
Forward Edge International – Partnering with God to transform the lives of vulnerable children, disaster victims, and those who go to serve them on short-term mission trips.
Frontier Ventures– Apostolic missionary community that works to catalyze kingdom breakthroughs at the frontier of God’s global mission.
GAiN USA – Expressing the love of Jesus in the toughest places on earth by relieving suffering, restoring dignity and revealing hope.
Global Hope Network International – Bringing help and hope to the hidden and hurting in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Haiti Under God – Reaching Haiti with God’s love.
Helping Hands for Haiti – Sharing the gospel of Jesus, loving His children, and tangibly building strong communities.
Healing Waters International – Serving the poor globally through safe water solutions.
Holistic Community Development and Initiatives (HCDI) – Empowering people; transforming communities. Inspiring hope and vision.
In addition, please pray for the following:
1. Friends who are receiving our November letter and 2018 holiday gift catalog inviting support for film teams, equipment and needs worldwide. Pray that many of those who read the letter will be touched and prompted by God’s Spirit to give to help take the good news to unreached people.
2. The 2018 Jesus Film Project Christmas season calling projects. Pray that 5,600 friends can be contacted. Pray that many will respond to this special year-end effort to help underwrite film teams and digital tools for evangelism and church planting across the globe.
3. Efforts to acquire new financial partners for the ministry during the holiday season, both online and through postal mail. Ask God for 3,000 new friends to join in helping to reach people in our lost world. Pray for these efforts on GivingTuesday (November 27) to support the work of church-planting film teams in India.
4. Language funding needs for dubbing of 10 of the Single Voice Narration versions of the classic “JESUS” film and funds for 13 of our “Walking With Jesus” evangelism and follow-up film series for seven African countries.
5. Partners who have made commitments at ministry briefings and are seeking to fulfill commitments before year end.
6. Opportunities for friends of the ministry to leverage IRA, appreciated stock, and other tax-smart, non-cash gifts to help spread the gospel. Also pray for friends with donor advised funds to consider year-end giving opportunities with the funds they hold.
7. The final graphic design and printing of the “Power of Jesus” stories and prayer guide booklet featuring 31 countries or areas of the world where God is at work and prayer is needed.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer