September 2018 Prayer Requests
September 2018 Prayer Requests
“’And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28, New International Version).
Our new executive director, Josh, and his wife, Holly Newell, have closed escrow on their new home in Orlando and have moved in. Pray for them as they seek to get settled. Pray too for their four children as they adjust to new schools, new friends, and new circumstances in Central Florida.
Thank God for new partnerships with ministries both large and small. One larger new partnership is World Outreach with more than 325 missionaries. They have already requested 25 pico projector backpacks and about 70 others have inquired about being equipped with “JESUS” in the areas where they serve.
International Recording Team– Pray for Trips this Month
Early September – Two teams are recording in East Africa and two teams are recording in North Africa.
Mid-September Pray for good relationships with our coordinators and actors. Please be praying for trip preparations and travel logistics for these teams.
YWAM Together Conference – September 2-8, 2018, in Thailand: Pray that we could continue to build this strategic partnership with Youth With A Mission (YWAM)! They are an amazing missionary force as they go after recording new languages, and taking Jesus to "Everyone, Everywhere," for His glory! We are looking to resource them even more and connect with people who represent areas of the world we can partner in. Pray that we can also connect with their key prayer champions to deepen this partnership even more. Here is the link to the conference: https://ywamtogether.com/
Partnership Gatherings – September 2018: Pray for partnership gatherings this month
Jesus Film Project® Partnerships – September 2018: Each week this month, please pray for the following partner organizations who are using Jesus Film® resources:
MONDAY Awana Clubs International – Equipping leaders to reach kids with the gospel and engaging them in long-term discipleship. Kids Around the World – Impacting the lives of kids with God’s transforming hope.
TUESDAY Operation Christmas Child – Providing gift-filled shoeboxes to demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way to children in need around the world. Orphan Outreach – Working to glorify the Lord by reaching out to the millions of at-risk children.
WEDNESDAY The Mailbox Club International – Equips believers and churches around the world to give children the opportunity to encounter God. Community Concern Ministries Uganda – Making the invisible God visible.
THURSDAY New Testament Church of God Guyana – Declaring the whole gospel of Jesus Christ to the world in the Spirit and power of Pentecost. Nehemiah Vision Ministries – Ministry in Haiti.
FRIDAY Nguon Hy Vong – Outreach to Vietnamese around the world, with a special focus on Hanoi. Mercy Ships – Providing lifesaving surgeries and medical care to children and families on the world’s biggest civilian hospital ship.
SATURDAY Christian Motorcycle Association – Dedicated to reaching people for Christ on the highways. Love A Child – Serves the poor in Haiti spreading the Word of God.
SUNDAY Fundacion Ramon Pane – International team of Catholics spreading the gospel. Global Assistance for Partners – Finishing the task of reaching all unreached, unengaged people groups with the gospel.
In addition, please pray for the following:
1. The September mail appeal seeking funds for digital tools, including microSD cards, DVDs, duplicators, video tablets and internet evangelism. Thank God for how His Spirit is moving and pray that many friends might be prompted to provide the digital tools needed to reach people across the globe.
2. Thank the Lord for the completion of the Gewada language translation and its premiere in Ethiopia. Pray that God will use it to cast vision and encourage financial support for the scripting and recording of “JESUS” translations to reach smaller language groups. Pray it will effectively message this opportunity to take the gospel to every people and continent. Pray that many will feel led to give. Pray also that those who receive it will watch and share it.
3. Friends of the ministry attending the September Southern California briefing. Pray that hearts will be prepared, and many will respond to the opportunity to support the work of global film evangelism and church planting. Pray God will move in hearts and minister through the speakers. Pray too for the follow-up and those who make commitments for 2018 and beyond.
4. The final graphic design on our “Power of Jesus” stories and prayer guide booklet featuring 31 countries or areas of the world where God is at work and prayer is needed.
5. Plans for the late September web seminars in partnership with Wycliffe Bible Translators that will share opportunities available through the 2018 tax changes. Pray for the enlistment of friends from both ministries to attend. Pray for good attendance and the follow-up with those who do. To learn more, go to: https://www.jesusfilm.org/wise-plans-2018.html
6. Efforts to acquire new financial supporters for the ministry, both online and through postal mail. Ask God to raise up more than 1,500 new donors from the August mailings. Pray for wisdom and insights for online acquisition and for efforts to find younger friends and supporters in the digital and social media world.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer