“But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (I Corinthians 15:57, New King James Version).
That God has enabled “JESUS” to be dubbed into more than 1,772 languages and counting.
For the progress and dubbing of other key films into new languages—including one of our newest called “Life of Jesus” (based on the Book of John) which is now in 24 dialects.
1) The need for more laborers for the harvest, especially in the area of Language Production Managers, men and women who coordinate the process of lining up the recordings of new languages of “JESUS” and our other films.
2) DRC Workshop (August 29 – September 16, 2019)
Pray for significant progress during this first of two workshops starting on August 29th .
Five members of the script adaption team will travel to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) to begin the process of adapting/translating the “JESUS” film script into nine languages in Northwest DRC, near Gemena. Our team will be composed of three of us from Jesus Film Project® and two from YWAM—both trainees (one from Korea and one from Germany).
Travel is difficult. Because airlines only fly to the country and city on certain days, it will take us most of four days to get to Gemena. Pray for safety and good connections.
Logistics - Pray for ample electricity to keep laptops powered, internet as needed, and that all the mother-tongue translators would arrive on time.
Pray that language would not be a barrier (the trade language is French), that participants would grasp the software and the computer issues would be minimal.
Health - Please pray that all would be healthy throughout the workshop.
Protection - Pray against the schemes of the evil one to disrupt this work to take the light of the gospel to this place of darkness.
3) For the strategy formation of our Global Expansion and Global Mobilization Teams and for wisdom to leverage the best opportunities to mobilize workers in the harvest, both at the local (national) level and at the global level.
Jesus Film Mission Trips® – September 2019
Congo-Brazzaville, Africa (September 10 – 22, 2019)
Teams will be working on college campuses and at churches to train local believers on how to show short films, share their faith, and set up projection equipment for “JESUS” film showings in the city.
Central Asia (September 19 – October 3, 2019)
Teams will collaborate with the local ministry to form relationships with university students and young professionals through a variety of activities, including hosting conversational English clubs, viewing short films using the Jesus Film Project® app, and sharing our testimonies. Building on those relationships, we will look for opportunities to share the gospel. And after we leave, our local team will continue to build relationships with students who show an interest in spiritual issues.
Sao Tome Island in West Africa (September 20 – October 4, 2019)
Heavy forests and looming mountains cover Sao Tome, an island off the coast of Gabon. The highly fertile soil grows coffee and cocoa. Come with the team and discover the possibilities and see the openness of these Portuguese-speaking islanders to the gospel. Join our team as we experience showing the “JESUS” film African style—outdoors.
Short-term mission trips provide a chance for people to do hands-on ministry by coming alongside national staff and partners to accelerate the work in open and restricted-access nations. To learn about going on one of these Jesus Film Mission Trips™ yourself, click here: www.jfmt.org
In addition, please pray for the following:
1. A good response to the India Video Report that was mailed to ministry partners in late August. The video highlights the work of film and partner teams in North Central India. Pray that documenting the work of the New India Evangelistic Association inspires ministry partners to support the outreach in one of the “toughest places” in the country. Friends are invited to supply backpack projector sets and tablets for film evangelism and support workers planting new churches.
2. The September postal appeal seeking funds for digital tools, including microSD cards, DVDs, Wi-Fi hotspots, duplicators, video tablets and internet evangelism. Thank God for how His Spirit is moving and pray that many friends might be prompted to provide the digital tools needed to reach people in both open and highly restricted nations across the globe.
3. A good response by those who attend the September 19 and 21 online web seminar. Jesus Film Project® is broadcasting in partnership with Wycliffe® Bible Translators. Pray for broad participation by friends from both ministries. Ask God for at least 100 attendees to participate in these two webinar broadcasts. To learn more, go to: https://www.jesusfilm.org/wise-plans-2019.html
4. Appeals to be sent by postal mail to discover new financial partners with the ministry. Pray that ongoing testing will uncover the best presentations to encourage involvement. Pray the matching-grant funds will prompt responses and the fulfillment is completed by October 15.
5. Our several hundred missionary staff people who are raising personal financial support for their ongoing ministry and family needs. Some staff members have seen God provide in exciting ways and others still have critical needs. Pray they all will see God’s provision. To help a staff member, please click on this link: https://give.cru.org/2592796.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer