“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28, New International Version).
Thank God for His financial provision for the ministry that finished its fiscal year on August 31, ahead of last year. Even in the midst of the global pandemic, God led many friends to stand with us in prayer and giving.
As one can imagine the impact of coronavirus has put on hold the creation and recording of new “JESUS” versions. The Master Studio team, however, is continuing to seek alternative ways to accomplish these objectives. Please pray that the following opportunities will come to fruition this fall.
1. Virtual (online) Translation Workshops:
a. “Walking With Jesus” in Cote d’Ivoire, West Africa.
b. “JESUS” Film Translation Workshop in Ukraine, with multiple Roma Mission 865 languages.
2. “Live” Translation Workshop—in Ethiopia with six Mission 865 languages—as soon as travel opportunities become available again, and that our translation consultant from Kenya can go to Ethiopia and walk the translators through the translation process.
3. “Live” Translation Recordings: We have 10 to 12 scripts for Mission 865 languages in Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania that are completed. A local Kenyan recording studio has been trained to record the “JESUS” film and will record these languages as soon as they are able to travel.
Please join in praying for the top 12 countries of the world. This month lift up Pakistan, a nation of more than 212 million people. To learn more, go to: https://joshuaproject.net/countries/PK
1. The September postal appeal inviting support for digital tools to show “JESUS” and our other films on microSD cards, DVDs, NewLifeBox hotspots, video tablets and internet evangelism. Thank God for how His Spirit is moving and pray that friends of the ministry might be prompted to provide the tools needed to reach and disciple people in both open and restricted nations across the globe.
2. The follow-up with ministry partners who attended the August 15 Gift and Estate Planned Giving webinars addressing the recent CARES Act tax changes, low interest rates and related tax-wise opportunities. Pray that some of these friends will take advantage of the opportunities to invest in the work of the kingdom through gifts of stock and other real property, IRAs and/or Donor-Advised funds. Also pray for gifts through Charitable Gift Annuities and Wills and Trusts.
3. The video editing of the Southeast Asian Television and Indigenous Languages partner video. Also pray for the national video crew in-country who will be shooting and producing the re-dramatization of the stories. Ask God for the completion of this step of the process in the next three weeks, and then for it to go to final production and mailing. Pray that the project would be finished and released in late September.
4. The Lord to continue giving insight into ways to add new financial partners online and through other avenues, including postal mail. Pray for two September letters offering matching gift opportunities designed to raise up hundreds of new partners. Pray also for more stories from the field that can help cast vision and stir hearts to invest in global film evangelism through online, broadcasting and other new channels.
5. Finalizing the graphic design of the 2020 Gift Catalog, including photo selection.
6. Our several hundred missionary staff who are raising personal financial support for their ongoing ministry and family needs. Some staff have critical needs. Pray they will see God provide in supernatural ways. To help a staff member, go to https://give.cru.org/2592796.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer