ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
As an employee with Cru:
- Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
- Maintain a positive witness for Christ
- Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Share what God is teaching him or her
- Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times
FOR THIS POSITION:
- Audit and unify branded writing across external marketing channels for Jesus Film Project (JFP) (web, Jesus Film app, development reports, etc. Ensure language consistency for all JFP publications.
- Develop and oversee the written material process for all of JFP, taking the lead in how writing from all JFP departments will be executed.
- Build and lead the writing team for Digital Strategies from the ground up - determining what positions are needed, creating and filling roles, and supervising the team once it is in place.
- Ensure publications align with the vision of the Creative Director and the JFP with a willingness to ask difficult questions. Drive toward fulfillment of our organizational and departmental goals through the creation of excellent written content across channels.
- Connect different creatives across departments to accomplish the task. Collaborate in developing a variety of content marketing materials.
- Write highly engaging content that reflects our brand's voice across multiple channels. (website, blogs, emails, landing pages, and campaign creative, i.e. ads and promo material).
Coordinate the following supervisory responsibilities to assigned team in accordance with the ministry's policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring and training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (Non-essential)
- Demonstrate and model personal spiritual discipline and assist in development of an environment on the team where individual team members grow in their own Christian walks.
- Personal development - engage in the Staff Development process including creating and implementing a Personal Development Plan (PDP) targeting areas of growth.
- Perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Participate in the annual JFP calling campaign, making the required amount of calls.
To perform this joob succesfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Research methods
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, puctuation, and vocabulary
- Digital and social communication principles
- Basic website achitecture
- Understanding of user-centered design principles
- Management and supervisory skills
- Editing and proofing skills
- Current writing standards (ie. AP Style Book)
- SEO and how to integrate keywords into copy, as well as the ability to conduct keyword research on relevant and high-performing search terms.
- Create and communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing
- Have an eye for details
- Edit for content and clarity
- Work under deadline pressure
- Work independently and under pressure
- Collaborate well
- Flexible with changes and concepts
- Be organized and multi-task
- Manage multiple projects
- Reshape and/or edit content produced by other stakeholders for correctness, quality and consumability
- Interpret creative discretion and adapt when necessary. Generate a consistent flow of strong storytelling
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree in copywriting, communications, journalism, or marketing required. Bachelor's degree preferred. At least five years of writing experience preferred, with increasing levels of leadership responsibility, or a combination of education and experience.