Administrative Assistant to Development – Laguna Niguel, CA
Pay Level: Unit 2 Level 7 $19.00/hr.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a wide variety of complex clerical, administrative and secretarial duties for an administrator level team of advisors. Incumbents in the Administrative Assistant 3 class perform complex duties for top-level administrators involving large departments or highly visible and broad administrative functions.
For additional information contact us at:
100 Lake Hart Drive, Dept. 2300
Orlando, FL 32832
1-800-918-9929 Ext. 7576
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Act as a liaison between the Development Reps, inter-departmental teams, and ministry partners.
- Triage email, mail, phone calls and respond to various requests from Development Reps including sending caseload lists, donation info, specialized reports, videos, equipment, and statistics.
- Arrange for a variety of meetings and conferences, both individually as well as corporately, for the team.
- Maintain accuracy of data in all databases by communicating with reps and making necessary changes.
- Keep the team informed of all pertinent information such as opportunities, needs, and priorities; also provide follow-up.
- Prepare, organize, and distribute schedules, correspondence, meeting notes, reports, and other materials, including those of a confidential nature, through email or mail.
- Conduct research for projects and create the necessary reports.
- Create and maintain processes for increased efficiency and understanding, including simplifying important info for reps and creating instruction documents when necessary for training and reference purposes.
- Travel to fundraising events (Briefings) and Rep Meetings to provide administrative support and assistance to Development Reps as well as the Events team.
- Assist Development Reps with travel plans and documentation as needed.
- Cross-train and provide back-up office and administrative assistance as needed.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (Non-essential):
- Demonstrate and model personal spiritual discipline and assist in development of an environment on the team where individual team members grow in their own Christian walks.
- Personal development – engage in the Staff Development process including creating and implementing a Personal Development Plan (PDP) targeting areas of growth.
- Perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Participate in the Christmas Calling Campaign, completing required number of calls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ministry organization, operation, policies and objectives
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Intermediate personal computer operation, including word processing, spreadsheets, and database management.
- Basic research methods
- Editing and proofing skills
- Computer programs including Microsoft Office and GSuite.
- Perform complex administrative work with speed and accuracy.
- Perform advanced operations and techniques in word processing and other office-related computer software.
- Work in GSuite, including Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Drive.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relations with others.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Type 50-60 words per minute.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Organize and follow through with projects.
- Maintain records and provide information in the timeframe needed.
- Manage and prioritize tasks and schedule.
- Review documents, records, and forms for accuracy.
- Interact with high level leaders and ministry partners.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective working relationship with others.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Work under pressure and adapt to changes.
- Travel domestically and/or internationally.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Preferred: Any education and experience combination equivalent to two years’ college level work in administrative management and three years’ experience in an administrative office position of increasing responsibility.