Pay Level: MM3 Level 11 $43,551/yr.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Graphic Designer creates and executes creative concepts and ideas to communicate the message of Jesus Film Project (JFP) in a visually captivating way through leading and collaborating with creative teams. This role will work with a multi-disciplinary team of writers, editors, designers, marketers, audio & video specialists and front-end developers to produce Cru’s digital experience. This role will be supporting the Brand Manager.
For additional information contact us at:
100 Lake Hart Drive, Dept. 2800
Orlando, FL 32832
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
As an employee with Cru:
- Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
- Maintain a positive witness for Christ
- Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Share what God is teaching him or her
- Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times
FOR THIS POSITION:
- Create digital assets and department publications to illustrate content for use on websites, advertising, and apps
- Effectively employ brand standards and guidelines to achieve desired brand experience (internal and external audiences).
- Produce compelling imagery for digital marketing campaigns, including banner advertising and microsite landing pages, and splash pages
- Produce visual content for use on social media accounts
- Take initiative to identify and correct visual experiences that do not meet brand standards and counsel internal clients on corporate identity and design standards and policies.
- Creation of downloadable collateral such as discipleship materials and small group curriculum
- Design/redesign of brand assets to support overall branding efforts
- Collaborate and negotiate with several teams within Jesus Film to create the best possible print or online product for JFP as a whole, JFP ministry partners, and global field ministries.
May supervise/coach design interns.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (No-essential):
- Demonstrate and model personal spiritual discipline and assist in the development of an environment on the team where individual team members grow in their own Christian walks.
- Personal development – engage in the Staff Development process including creating and implementing a Personal Development Plan (PDP) targeting areas of growth.
- Performs other work-related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Maintain a healthy staff account balance (if RMO staff)
- Participate in the annual JFP calling campaign, making the required amount of calls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Drive to design creative digital experiences that meet content strategy and campaign needs
- Ability to communicate design concepts to other people and departments
- Proficiency with industry-standard software (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Knowledge of the latest trends in digital design
- Understanding of user-centered design best practices
- Ability to create social media content
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Industry-standard design software (Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite)
- Create and communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing
- Have an eye for details
- Be open to new ideas and quick to react to changing trends
- Work independently and under pressure
- Be a self-starter, self-disciplined, show initiative, budget time, as well as meet deadlines and production schedules
- Travel as needed and if strategic for the role/project
- May work in an online environment using web-based graphics and design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud
- Use graphics software (e.g., Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign) to design and produce finished artwork
- Capable of advanced implementation of the principles of typography, color, and design
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Maintain accurate records and files
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree in a digital design program preferred. Work experience of 4+ years producing digital assets in a corporate setting. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with industry-standard design software (Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite) required