Pay Level: MM1 Level 9 $18/hr.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Print Manager organizes, produces, designs, controls and monitors the workflow of printed materials for Jesus Film Project (JFP) and Cru. The print manager also directs all aspects of the print shop including budgeting, inventory, and relationships with vendors. This role is the liaison with graphic designers, editors, and other internal and external stakeholders on print projects.
For additional information contact us at:
100 Lake Hart Drive, Dept. 2800
Orlando, FL 32832
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
As an employee with Cru:
- Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
- Maintain a positive witness for Christ
- Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Share what God is teaching him or her
- Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times
FOR THIS POSITION:
- Produce a wide variety of written materials including letters, brochures, banners, reports, and more for numerous staff and ministries throughout JFP and Cru, ensuring optimal quality and in a timely manner.
- Design or consult on design with clients to achieve the desired outcome. Recommend the best printing options for internal client needs. Communicate clearly with staff regarding questions about print.
- Identify and select appropriate options for binding, inks, paper, and special printing processes, and all other needs for the print shop, and manage such purchasing.
- Create project briefs with print specifications that reflect client goals, printing requirements, scheduling, and budget constraints.
- Recommend and implement cost-efficient and time-saving production workflows for JFP and Cru.
- Create a pricing strategy for projects and update it monthly. Manage overall print shop budget and ensure that the print shop is meeting or exceeding budget goals.
- Research and search for vendors to find the best price, quality, and turnaround times. Manage bids between multiple vendors to negotiate the lowest price while ensuring quality.
- Create and maintain healthy relationships with vendors, and build a diverse vendor database of entities to work with. Send requests for estimates to printers and follow up with them.
- Create and manage print production schedules. Ensure quality production by providing proofs for each project, per client as needed. Create, negotiate, and approve final invoices for payment.
- Troubleshoot inner workings and proper maintenance of industrial printers, with the ability to keep machines running until the vendor can fix the problem.
Coordinate the following supervisory responsibilities to assigned team/personnel in accordance with the ministry’s policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (No-essential):
- Demonstrate and model personal spiritual discipline and assist in the development of an environment on the team where individual team members grow in their own Christian walks.
- Personal development – engage in the Staff Development process including creating and implementing a Personal Development Plan (PDP) targeting areas of growth.
- Perform related duties or special projects as assigned
- Participate in the Christmas Calling Campaign, completing the required amount of calls
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Basic knowledge of printing software/programs (ie Versa Works, Fiery, Flexy Sign)
- Basic knowledge of customer management systems
- Color management in the print industry
- Materials and needs to run a successful print operation for an ever-growing organization
- Technical operations of print equipment – folding/stuffing machines and paper cutters, wide format printing, etc.
- Communication skills that serve the people and organization in the understanding of processes and restrictions
- Time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ministry organization, operation, policies, and objectives
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Editing and proofing skills
- Advise staff and internal clients on proper cost-effective and quality options for the best representation of Jesus Film Project’s brand and mission
- Consider both use case and environment for a variety of print projects (Hanging Banners, Pop-up banners, brochures, booklets, newsletters, invitations, envelopes, etc.)
- Confirm product specifications, prioritize, monitor the quality of the product, and ensure deadlines are met.
- Provide clear communication and direction in order to meet timeline and quality requirements.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relations with others
- Learn, apply and explain policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Analyze situations accurately and determine an effective course of action
- Plan and organize work
- Work independently with little direction or supervision
- Maintain accurate records and files
- Perform tasks with extremely close attention to detail
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Five or more years of the print industry and industry-standard design program experience are required. Associate or technical school degree preferred. Leadership experience is also preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.