Field Information Reporter – Donor Reporting
Pay Level: Unit 2 Level 7 $15.67/hr.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Field Information Reporter facilitates the connection between Jesus Film Project® major donors and the field ministries they support globally by collecting stories, photos, videos and other project information, and compiling them into inspiring reports.
For additional information contact us at:
100 Lake Hart Drive, Dept. 2800
Orlando, FL 32832
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
As an employee with Cru:
- Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
- Maintain a positive witness for Christ
- Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Share what God is teaching him or her
- Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times
FOR THIS POSITION:
- Obtain and evaluate field ministry project information in a timely manner, processing the info for use in reports to major donors.
- Write vision-casting and story-driven donor reports in accordance with current Jesus Film branding and Donor Reporting guidelines.
- Collaborate with teammates as needed to provide up-to-date field ministry information for Development Reps requiring assistance, often coordinating with ministry leaders and global partners.
- Establish communication and connection with key Cru staff, Jesus Film staff, and global partners, developing an understanding of ministry cross-departmentally and worldwide, as well as a deeper understanding of the reporting needs for projects assigned to you.
- Influence an/or train field ministry leaders to meet report responsibilities by communicating Donor Reporting expectations and processes to field personnel through the most effective means, including training, emails, and onoe-on-one conversations.
- Interview field staff and partners in various positions of authority regarding the ministry results of JFP funds and resources.
- Travel domestically and internationally as opprotunities arise in order to connect with key personnel and gather information and stories.
- Collaborate with other Field Information Reporters to maintain standards, refine processes and implement best practices.
- Work as part of the Donor Reporting team to meet overall report deadlines according to current team procedures.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (Non-essential)
- Participate in regular meetings within Donor Reporting as deemed necessary by the Donor Reporting Leadership Team.
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Participate in the Christmas Call & Connect Campaign, completing required amount of calls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interviewing skills
- Basic personal computer operation, including word processing, spreadsheets, layout, and database management
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, puctuation, and vocabulary
- Manage complex information with accuracy
- Handle workload and travel details, including finances, with competence and efficiency
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Work independently with effective prioritization of tasks
- Analyze and synthesize complex information into engaging, story-driven donor reports
- Problem-solve independently and collaboratively
- Accept edits and revisions with a teachable spirit
- Adapt to changing workflow, processes, and technology
- Demonstrate excellent people and relationship-building skills
- Work with diplomacy and tact across departments, ministries, and cultures
- Analyze situations accurately and determine an effective course of action
- Take the initiative in new and foreign environments
- Put the success of the mission above personal interests
- Travel internationally up to 4 times per year for up to 10 days at a time
- Type 50-70 words per minute
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in English, Journalism, or Communications) with 3 years or equivalent writing experience.
- Preferably knowlege or experience in missions or intercultural communication.
- Experience in fund development marketing a plus.