Commitment to Donors and Ministry Partners
Christian stewardship is based on biblical truth. Campus Crusade for Christ International embraces those principles of stewardship, realizing that giving is essential for spiritual growth and to the furtherance of the Kingdom. To assure that stewardship merits the respect and trust of the general public and that current and prospective ministry partners can have full confidence in the ministry and causes that they are asked to support, Campus Crusade for Christ International declares that all ministry partners have these rights:
- To be informed of the ministry’s mission, of the way the ministry intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the ministry’s governing board, and to expect the board and the organization’s leadership to exercise biblical discernment in its stewardship responsibilities, upon request.
- To have access to the ministry’s most recent annual report including audited financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given in accordance with the ministry’s written guidelines.
- To receive an appropriate acknowledgement of their gift(s).
- To be assured that Campus Crusade for Christ International ministries understand the significance of sacrificial giving, and pledge to honor and value the sanctity of the gift.
- To be assured that information about them and their donations is handled in a confidential and secure manner.
- To expect that all relationships between the organizations’ representatives and the ministry partner will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are supported staff, salaried staff, volunteers, contracted consultants, or hired solicitors, upon request.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be removed from mailing and telemarketing lists.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
* Adapted from the Donor Bill of Rights that was developed by the following entities:
Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP — formerly NSFRE)
American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC)
Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)