Assistant Manager, Direct Mail Operations (Laguna Niguel, CA)
Pay Level: Unit 2 Level 9 $25/hr.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Assistant to the Direct Mail Operations Manager helps manage direct marketing digital and print activities for Jesus Film Project (JFP). This role also obtains and provides marketing analysis, to recommend and determine marketing strategies. They will also work with the JFP Associate Director of Development; the JFP Director of Development or other management; and with consultants and outside vendors to determine strategies for digital and print communications to all of JFP’s Donor lists and prospects including Major Donors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
As an employee with Cru:
- Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
- Maintain a positive witness for Christ
- Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Share what God is teaching him or her
- Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times
FOR THIS POSITION:
- Assist Direct Mail Operations manager with developing and prioritizing direct mail appeals for print media for monthly mailings, twenty per year.
- Manage all aspects of email and web marketing campaigns and strategies which includes over thirty campaigns per year.
- Lead and mentor the Web Marketing Administrator to ensure all web marketing plans are being launched on time, with expected quality, and to the right audiences. Making recommendations and developing new testing strategies along with the Web planning team. Providing leadership in analyzing and reporting the results of all web projects.
- Assist in the broad-based acquisition of financial partners through various channels and collaborate with JFP leadership, consultants and vendors to implement strategies to build the overall mailing list. Determine New Donor Acquisition strategies in regard to calendar timing, number of times per year, quantities of list rentals and numbers of mailings, as well as topics of appeal.
- Communicate with the Global Expansion Department and Donor Reporting management and staff to facilitate the appropriate donor communication of sensitive projects and issues, directly related to cultural differences as well as different and sometimes opposing religions.
- Provide the production support and implementation of the NETWORK monthly mail communications programs to the Project’s Key and Major donor groups.
- Verify all appeals for each list to ascertain that they are created, written, and approved on a timely basis. Approve addition or culling of current donors as necessary to determine most economical mailing structure.
- Collaborate with the Financial Administrator, the Gift and Language Coordinator and the Allocations Committee to determine allocation of funds. Assist Manager of Direct Mail Operations in initiating/authorizing release of funds, which are raised through the above efforts to the various JFP organizations.
- Work with financial team of the JFP to coordinate set up and creation of new accounts and projects. Determine proper placement of charges, assessments and donations.
- Assist Direct Mail Operations Manager in managing employee workload and delegation of all duties pertaining to incoming donor calls. Contact potential new donors to help explain and educate the organization’s mission. Assists in the management of donor fulfillment for broad based/core donors and portions of the major donor program.
Coordinate the following supervisory responsibilities to the Development Direct Marketing team in accordance with the ministry’s policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring and training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (Non-essential)
- Demonstrate and model personal spiritual discipline and assist in development of an environment on the team where individual team members grow in their own Christian walks.
- Personal development – engage in the Staff Development process including creating and implementing a Personal Development Plan (PDP) targeting areas of growth.
- Participate in the Jesus Film annual calling campaign, making the required amount of calls.
- Perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Project Management and Analysis
- Adobe Suite Preferred
- Web development tools and strategies
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of Internet marketing concepts and processes
- Appropriate marketing techniques
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling punctuation and vocabulary
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience using Siebel or other CRMs preferred
- Telephone techniques and etiquette
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Principles and practices of supervision and training
- Budget preparation and control
- Payment processing and bookkeeping
- Work independently with little or no direction.
- Train, supervise, counsel and evaluate personnel.
- Make decisions and develop strategies to achieve income goals.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Work confidentially and with discretion.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Analyze statistical information regarding income and expenses, creating spreadsheets.
- Obtain appropriate information regarding projects and required funding.
- Meet time schedules and deadlines.
- Interact with individuals from different cultures, requiring an understanding of security and sensitivity.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Plan and organize work.
- Operate personal computer.
- Apply interpersonal skills using tact patience and courtesy.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing or related field and five years related experience or equivalent combination of education or experience.