Project Representative – Orlando
Pay Level: Unit 2 Level 8 $17.70/hr.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
At Jesus Film Project, a Project Representative (or Project Rep) serves as an in-house ministry partner representative and provides donor and special project support to the NETWORK Partner Program. In this position, the Project Rep will develop the financial resources needed to accomplish the unique role Jesus Film Project (JFP) plays in reaching the lost for Christ. Each will be part of a team of trustworthy and knowledgeable advisors while handling an assigned caseload of Ministry Partners.
For additional information contact us at:
100 Lake Hart Drive, Dept. 2800
Orlando, FL 32832
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
As an employee with Cru:
- Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
- Maintain a positive witness for Christ
- Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Share what God is teaching him or her
- Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times
FOR THIS POSITION:
Build trusting relationships with our Ministry Partners by:
- Contacting entire caseload regularly by phone, mail, and email in order to inform.
- Thanking Ministry Partners for their support of our ministry.
- Communicating the JFP funding needs, using proposals, DVD’s, phone calls, etc.
- Challenging Ministry Partners to greater levels of financial involvement.
- Sending reports from Donor Reporting relevant to partner’s giving.
- Providing materials that will benefit the Ministry Partner’s understanding of biblical stewardship and ofthe JFP vision and activities.
- Praying with and for Ministry Partners regularly.
- Monitoring the 800 number phone calls and answering requests of callers.
Deepen all relationships with Ministry Partners by:
- Creating a spirit of partnership.
- Responding in a timely manner.
- Listening avtively to understand needs, desires, and expectations.
- Encouraging Ministry Partner involvement in vision trips, volunteer work, briefings, Orlando tours, etc.
- Working with Ministry Partners on special projects, i.e. DVD distribution, vision trips, etc.
Perform the administrative processes necessary to manage the caseload by:
- Establishing and maintaining the GoldMine database for all assigned contact activity.
- Developing an ability to effectively use JFP computer software system such as Connect and Care, Worldwide Evangelism Support Software (WESS, JFP proprietary software), and GoldMine.
- Becoming proficient in the use of JFP office copiers, printers, etc.
- Regularly adding Ministry Partners to and removing Ministry Partners from caseload, depending upon their giving history.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (Non-essential)
- Perform related duties of special projects as assigned.
- Work as a team player with the other Project Reps as well as the Development Reps.
- Solicit new and creative ideas from the Ministry Partners.
To perform this joob succesfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic fundraising process and procedures.
- Jesus Film Project and its mission.
- Computer software programs such as Connect and Care, WESS, and GoldMine.
- Basic computer operations/skills and standard software such as basic Microsoft Office programs and Google mail and apps.
- Talk with a smile and to demonstrate a servant’s attitude.
- Inspire ministry partners to continue their giving to JFP and increase in and when possible.
- Work together as a winning team.
- Responsibly fulfill all administrative duties.
- Think creatively and increase job effectiveness.
- Listen to understand Ministry Partner’s needs, desires, and expectations.
- Foster a willing spirit and positive atttitude through encouragement and prayer.
- Write clear and concise letters, abiding by the rules of the JFP “Gospel of Style”, and have all reports and formal letters edited by Donor Reporting.
- Comfortably ask donors for a financial gift to support JFP.
- Have a flexible work schedule as working two to three Saturdays during Christmas calling campaigns may be requested.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Some college training with one to three years of experience in fund raising and development preferably for a Christian ministry. Experience in Customer Service and working one-on-one with people. Additional demonstrated excellence in fundraising can be substituted for college training.